DUE on Thursday, May 3rd by midnight to Turnitin
Choose any political campaign TV ad from the 2016 U.S. presidential elections. You can pick from the primaries or the general election. We recommend YouTube searches to find examples.
Write a 500-600 word essay that makes any strategic-communication-related argument about the ad that incorporates course concepts and readings. We’ve purposely left this vague: You’ll want to demonstrate that you can analyze a TV ad but more importantly, that you can come up with your own creative approach to writing an essay, which includes a thesis and supporting evidence. Think about the evidence you might draw on from all course material. Think about the judgment you’ve developed over the last five papers in terms of what makes a good essay with a strong thesis. Then trust your judgment!
- 500-600 words
- Times New Roman, 12pt font, double-spaced
- A title
- A clearly stated thesis that is underlined in your text
- Evidence to support your thesis
- At least two sources (readings or lectures)
- APA style for in-text citations and reference list
- A heading that is formatted like this at the top-left of your paper and has all the same components:
J201 – Section 307
February 22, 2018
Word Count: 565