- Multiple choice: 12 questions, 0.75 point each = 9 points
- IDs: 3 terms (out of 5 options), 2 points each = 6 points
- Total: 15 points
Class, as we’ve discussed, the midterm is now on Wednesday, March 21st at 9:55am in Humanities 3650 — our regular lecture time and regular lecture room. This is also reflected on the corrected syllabus. (Too many of you were already going to be gone for spring break, which means also no lecture on Friday 3/23; no sections that week.)
Absolutely no makeups for unexcused absences.
I’m still hearing from people who think the midterm is on that Friday. If you think you know someone like that, please, please help them out!
We’ll have an optional review session Monday, March 19th from 6-7 p.m. in Humanities 3650. We’ve reserved the room for you until 8 p.m. if you’d like to stay and continue to study and exchange notes.
Instructions Below are only for Students with McBurney Visas
If you have a McBurney Visa that affects testing, please make sure you do the following by Tuesday, March 13th at 4 p.m.:
1. Go to this page to register for accommodated exam service (You will need to log in with your netID to register)
- As you register, you’ll need the following information
- Instructor information:
- First Name – Kathryn
- Last Name – McGarr
- NetID – kmcgarr
- Exam information
- Course: J201 Introduction to Mass Communication
- Date: March, 21, 2018
- Time (Please choose a start time between 9:05 – 9:55 a.m., depending on your accommodation and your schedule before and after the exam)
- Duration: In accordance with your accommodation
- To have your request approved, if you haven’t given a copy of your VISA to either professor McGarr or your TA, please send it to msu26@wisc,edu.