Short essay #2: Public Service versus Privacy – Due on Thursday, March 1st by midnight to Turnitin.com
Read Bill Keller’s New York Times article “Invasion of the Data Snatchers.” Then write a 500-600 word essay making your case for why the Journal News’ decision to publish their story about handgun permit holders was ethical or unethical.
You must support your conclusion with evidence from readings and lectures from Weeks 4 and 5. You must demonstrate that you can apply some of the concepts and examples from readings and lectures about ethics and privacy to a new issue.
- 500-600 words
- Times New Roman, 12pt font, double-spaced
- A title
- A clearly stated thesis that is underlined in your text and answers the prompt
- Evidence from readings and lectures to support your thesis
- APA style for in-text citations and reference list
- A heading that is formatted like this at the top-left of your paper and has all the same components:
J201 – Section 307
February 22, 2018
Word Count: 565